Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

com ports and modems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesMcG

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2000
IE
I have a P120 with NT freshly installed. I am setting this box up to use as a dial in for our network. I have been trying to install a modem no it for the past few days with no luck.<br><br>Firstly NT wont detect it. I have tried removing com ports, adding com ports, changing my bios settings. The event log says there is no probs with it, but it just wont work!<br><br>The make and model of the modem is a Aztech MS5000 (europe), but I have tried it also with a connexxant (SP) too and no joy.<br><br>I think this may be com port prob rarther than a modem problem because the modem is detected my the PNP bios but not in NT.<br><br>Has anyone came across simalar probs with&nbsp;&nbsp;nt?<br><br>Can anybody help me?<br><br><br>Thanks in advance.

Is NT detecting a serial mouse instead? You may want to try and use the &quot;NoSerialMice&quot; parameter for the specific Com port in the Boot.ini file....<br><br>Example:<br>multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Winnt /NoSerialMice:Com1<br><br> <p>Doug<br><a href=mailto:dxd_2000@yahoo.com>dxd_2000@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back