Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Com Port Mapping W2K3 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristopher

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2002
AU
Hi,

We are currently using Windows 2000 Server and Citrix Metaframe XP and have COM port mapping working for the users using the following command in a batch file

net use com2 \\client\com2:

We need to map com 2 of the server to com 2 of the dumb terminals (Thinstar 300's) to be able the use till draws that open automatically.

We want to get away from the Citrix environment and use Windows 2003 Server - Terminal Services. When trying to run the batch file on 2003 i get "System Error 85 has occured. The local device name is already in use" prior to trying the batch file i did a "net use" to see if anything was in use, nothing was.

Now if i do a net use i see "C: \\TSCLIENT\COM2 Microsoft Terminal Services"

Does anyone know a way of mapping a com port under windows 2003 server. It says that windows 2003 has this as a new feature over windows 2000 server?

Thanks

Kristopher Ellery
PERTH WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back