Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM+ Multiple domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecokey

Programmer
Jan 18, 2008
GB
Hi,

I have a COM+ application that I am trying to run across 2 separate domains running active directory.

I have setup the trust between the domains, and changed the component security settings (I think I have tried every setting!).

Can anyone shed any light on this, is it possible?

Regards
Col

I have managed to resolve this.

For anyone that encounters this you need to do the following:

1. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Component Services.
2. Expand the Component Services\Computers container.
3. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
4. On the COM Security tab, click Edit Limits in the Launch and Activation Permissions area or in the Remote Activation area. The area depends on where the issue occurs.
5. Click the account that you want to enable remote activation with, click Allow for the Remote Access permissions or for the Remote Launch and Remote Activation permissions.
6. Click OK two times to accept the changes. Then, try to use the program that uses DCOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back