Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM+ Event 4609 and BSOD 0x00000044

Status
Not open for further replies.

derajer

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2005
US
I am having a problem with my CFO's laptop. He has a Dell Inspiron running Windows XP SP2 (OEM, not updated)in a Novell environment (no windows domain) using a USB port expander as a pseudo-docking-station. He has been using the laptop for a few months and now all of a sudden it start manifesting this error. The first time I found out about it this morning I didn't get to see the error personally. The system error logs were full of DCOM errors so I disabled DCOM since it is a deprecated service. Everything goes fine for a few hours then another BSOD, this time I see it and write it down, but no file is specified. I restart the machine, and now I am getting COM+ 4609 errors (not sure if these were present earlier and the laptop is currently OOTO) some of the error reference comres.dll (automatic resolution adjustment) so I reinstall the display drivers and I also switched his Wireless card from Dell utility controlled to WZC service controlled since he has three network cards (just for good measure so they're all OS controlled) I do not know if the error will re-occur but I wanted to get some input

sorry about the long story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back