Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COM/ADO errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc3596

Technical User
Mar 16, 2001
We are on MS SQL Server 2000 sp 3. We upgraded from Btrieve about 7 months ago. Since upgrading, we always get COM/ADO errors. Something about MACMSS.DLL can't connect to DB Provider and General Network Error and Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server. It is followed by about 20 errors about not being able to read tables. Any thoughts? We seem to be getting this more often in entering PO's lately.

Are you running EDI? There is a specific issues with severe COM/ADO errors related to EDI after a btrieve to SQL conversion.

If you are not running EDI, you need to post a specific error message, and this can be researched.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

We are not using EDI. I can email the Print Screen message if you give me your email. Thanks for your help.

Hi,
I am having the same error message. What was the solution?

Thanks
Chris

Here is an email I received about this. Hope this helps.

"If this is happening on all files, this is an indication that you are
having network communications errors. This could be one hub, one nic
card, the cabling, etc. This is the equivalent of btrieve error 95 -
btrieve session no longer valid in a Pervasive environment. All other
applications could be working fine, but Macola is hacing problem
communicating over the network."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back