Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

columns_priv error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadwalader

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2002
US
hello
I looked and looked and looked, and I can't find an answer specific to my problem.
I am moving an entire site from a UNIX box to a Windows 2000 server (I know, ick, but it's not my descision). This Windows box is pretty secure though, IIS, RPC, and all the remote sploits are gone (we hope). Anyway, I imported the wrong database at first, (yeah, it's phpNuke) set the priveleges, etc...and then realized what I did, because the site looked 'new' and all the work I did wasn't there. The 'user error' made itself evident.
I dumped the db on the UNIX box, uploaded it to the Windows box, dropped the old (the wrong) db, made a new one, and now I can't import the correct database. I even tried to change the name of the db, trying to trick the server into thinking it was a totally different thing...no luck. the error is:

Error 1050 at line 19: Table 'columns_priv' already exists.

Should I delete that or something? I dont' want to have to cause a reinstallation of mySQL, we're having 'nuff trouble with it being a Windows server in the first place.

any suggestions? Hope I was of some help...
--OR--
Thanks for the help...
--Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back