Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

columns titles on each page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozi2

Programmer
Sep 1, 2002
IL
Hi
My report is printed on more than one page (portrait).
My problem is that the columns titles displayed only on the first page
and the users don't know to connect between the data and the columns.
How can I make the columns titles to appear in the beginning of each new page?
(I'm using WF 4.31 and MSSQL ON WIN 2000)

Thanks,
OZ

Column titles should appear at the top of EVERY page. Are you referring to the 'sort' fields which display to the left of the report?

Hi,
No, I mean fields titles.
The problem occures when the user prints the web page from the browser.
I don't think there is anything we can do about it.
I added <br> tags and changed the stylesheet a little bit and succeded
with this report, but I was lucky with this one. Don't think it will
happen a lot.

If u have a way I will be more than happy to hear about it.

Thanks anyway,
OZ

If the users are going to print things out, we've found that PDF is the best format. You have complete control over what the user sees on a printed page.

With HTML, it uses a &quot;logical page&quot; to determine where page breaks occur. These logical page breaks don't necessarily correspond to printed-HTML page breaks. For instance, if a user's Internet Explorer default is landscape, but you're expecting portrait, it could throw everything off.

In addition, if you have a very wide report, anything that won't fit on the page will be truncated when you print it out!! PDF takes care of things automatically. If it won't fit on one page width, the undisplayed columns carry over to another page.

If you're still dead-set on using HTML, play around with the LINES parameter. &quot;SET LINES=57&quot; is the default.

10'X.
I'll suggest this idea to my company.

Regards,
OZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back