Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Columns Tab question

Status
Not open for further replies.

donafran

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
US
HEllo.
I searched, but couldn't find a thread about this --

On my ODBC input connection, on the COLUMNS tab --
Does it make a difference if the columns are in the correct order ?
We had a change to the output table, and the new field happens to NOT be the last field on the table.
When I am adding it to my COLUMNS, it automatically adds the new field to the bottom.

ow do I reposition the columns on the column tab? I have tried various combinations of holding down right or left click buttons, then scrolling -- it just highlights several additional columns -- I can't see where it is "picking up" the one I want to move to drop it as the 3rd column in the list.

Thanks.

You can (and should) insert columns in their proper order. Highlight (with your mouse) the column and press the Insert key to insert a new column.

==================================
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back