Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Columns in Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcw

MIS
Oct 10, 2001
US
I'm trying to create a continous form that has multiple columns. I have a form that displays all employees in the company. The list can be rather long and takes a while to scroll down to get to the bottom. I'd like to to split it into 3 columns so it is only 1/3 as long.

I know you can do this with reports but I haven't figured out how to do it on a form. I tried using the Page Setup->Column tab like setting up report columns but it did not work.

Thanks for the help

Not the answer I wanted to hear but what I had assumed.

I might try to split the recordset in half with a query and place the first half in one recordset and the other half in a second. That way I believe I can get at least 2 columns. Any thoughts on how that would work?

Thanks

In such case you need to create so many subforms how many recorsets do you want to show.

Aivars :^)

I actually found a way around it that will work for now. I created 2 listboxes on the form. The first was set to a query that selected the first 50% of the records. The second was setup so it selected the remaining records. It only gives me 2 columns but it's better than 1. Thanks for your help.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back