Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Column Reference listing - Transformer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w860098

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
GB
As a newcomer to the Cognos products, I have been trying to see what documentary information I can obtain from a new data warehouse system which has been installed at this site (I am trying to build a repository to hold relevant metadata).

Whilst exploring Impromptu and Transformer, etc., I appear to have (inadvertently) created a listing headed 'Column Reference', in which there are a set of sub-headings entitled "Data Source" (followed by the appropriate data source name), under which there is a list of Column names (with appropriate detail). [The content of this listing would appear to indicate that it is derived from a Model]

Other Cognos users here are unable to advise me how I managed to produce that listing. Is anyone able to tell me just how I can create that listing again ?!

Right click on your data source and there should be options called 'show reference' and/or 'show scope'. I'm not entirely sure what you were after, but one of these should do it for you.

flex

W860098

I think you will get what you are looking for in 'Show Reference' and not in 'Show Scope'.

There appears to be no printing option in 'show scope' but 'show reference' definitely has print facility

Vivek

The last reply is absolutely correct - use 'Show Reference' and then Print.

The interesting thing is that, regardless of which data source you can right click on, it will still give you a complete listing of all the data sources.

[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back