Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Column Printing and Locking Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristopher

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2002
AU
Hi All,

I am having a problem where i have in a printout included a logo, and want text next to this logo, but when using "FILLER" it overwrites the logo and covers it. I believe that you can actually tell a group of text to start at a certain column, but i have tried and tried and havn't been able to succeed with this. Can anyone help me with this?

Also my second question is; we have a Cartnote program that accesses a file when printing a docket, it starts from the begining of the file and searches for the letter for a particular store (file is approximately 7 megs in size). We are having a problem where 3 or 4 branches try to print cartnotes at the same time (using the same file). The file is read with lock, but users are not getting file error 98's instead Windows NT 4 Terminal server (file server) shows locks for each user under server management. The users are using Thin Clients and are all on 64k ISDN using Citrix metaframe XP on a new Compaq ML 370 (Xeon). To get around this, we have been forcing closed applications that users are locking this file (apps appear to be froxen but are really running very very slow). As soon as one user is using that file, its fine?

We have spoke to Acucorp on this issue but have not got an answer, has anyone ever had this problem, or have any ideas on what i could try?

Thanks

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back