Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Colouring Tiff files as Spot Colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

amidge

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
GB
I use ID CS2, when I place a photshop CS2 tiff file in ID ontop of a 4 colour .psd and colour it as a spot colour, the transparence does not work and I cannot see the 4 colour image behind it.

We cannot put the mutiply on as this does not work when ripping the file for plate & printing.

When i used quark you could bring a tiff file in and it would work fine, but we use ID now.

Can anyone help!!!

Andy

TIFF is no problem in Indesign, nor is spot vs. process. Out of 20 something year old habits, I invariably use tiff as opposed to psd.

I don't know what you mean by coloring the tiff in Indesign so I don't know how this would effect any transparency.

Are you sure that you did not mistakenly select another object, other than the tiff, when you were applying transparency? As a test, you can create a new blank layer and put the tiff on that layer and then apply transparency.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

I assume you mean that you are colorizing a greyscale TIFF. Obviously 4 color TIFFs do not colorize. Select said tiff with the open arrow, fill it with your Pantone, then multiply it in the Transparency pallete.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back