Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Colour of tab control access 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

severin

Technical User
Jun 4, 2004
DK
I have updated a db to access 2003 (developer extension) and I had some forms with a tab control. But the thing has changed colour to an almost white colour. I can't find the background colour so I cannot change it to grey or change the subforms on the tab control to the same colour as the tab control. It really looks silly and I might have to approximate the background colour. Does anyone know which colour I'm talking about or is there any other solution?~)

Tools > options > Form/Reports
uncheck USE SYSTEM COLOR SCHEME TO CONTROLS..

I can't exactly remember the words, I am now at Win2000/Access2002 system. But the place to check is there only.

ZmrAbdulla>perfect mate!~)

I'm still interested in the colour code because the solution you gave keeps the "old" design. It's fine but if you do want to upgrade the design of and old db, then....

But thanks it worked perfectly!~)

You mean to keep all other controls to new style and tab control to old style.. is it?

Sorry, gone for a moment!~)

No, to give the subforms on the tab controls the same white colour as the 2003 tab controls....

You can set the following to get the subform's color matching with the tab control.

Subform...
Header/detail/footer backcolor=16054263
Record Selectors=No
Navigation buttons=No
Scrollbar=Vertical
Dividing lines=No
TextBox Backcolor=39423 or 52479 (optional)

Subform Object..

Borderstyle =Transparent
Speciall Effect= Flat

Create a set of custom navigation buttons to add functionality to the form. Search for some example in these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back