Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Colour (color) Coding of cells by content

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackman99

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
GB
Hi, In SRSS/access, etc it is possible to colour code a cell depending on its contents (i.e. if it is a negative figure its red, or between 0 and 5 it green, 5+ red, etc) Is it possible to do the same in the BO WebIntelligence report?

Many thanks in advance

Sure. You can format the numbers or set up alerts.

Do you know the product, or are you studying for something?

Boards like this are great resources, but you need to try before you ask.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Hi, it is a table cell within a Webintelligence (Bo 6.1) report. Basically if a value within a given cell is negative then I would like the cell forecolour to be red. The GUI is the WI Java Report Panel, and when I click on to Properties -> Cell Format -> text the drop down for the color: is onky the standard list. In SSRS there is the functionality to apply a expression to any of the properties associated with a cell.

When you post, you have to give us the version.

There is little you can do other than play with the numbers themselves. I think you can color number red or black in 6.1.

The good features you really want are in 6.5 or XI.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Sorted It, if you format the cell as read as HTML then you can enter HTML codes i.e.
=FONT COLOR='" + If ((([Act Mnth]/[Bdgt Mnth])*100) >10;"RED"; If ((([Act Mnth]/[Bdgt Mnth])*100) >5;"#F5B800";"GREEN")) + "'>" + FormatNumber(([Act Mnth]/[Bdgt Mnth])*100;"#,##.00") + "</FONT>

Or you could actually get on a version that is not going to be unsupported and just do it using standard functionality.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back