Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coloring through java telnet client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savale

Technical User
Jun 14, 2001
US
hmmm.. Well I'm trying to display multiple colors through a java telnet client, more specifically I'm looking at high red, low red, high blue, low blue, etc.. pretty much just basic colors. Basically the way the code is set up, is that it references a .conf file which in turn points to another .conf file which has all of the colors defined as such:

COLOR0 = black
COLOR1 = red

and so forth in all there are 8 colors listed, black, green, yellow, cyan, magenta, blue, red, white. now what I'm connecting too is a MUD server which has red, hi-red, blue, hi-blue, and I want to get this java client to display those colors as well, currently its just showing all as the default colors.. hi-red is showing as just red.. blah blah. I've redefining the values in the .conf file as RGB values and also as ANSI values, neither has worked. Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!

Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back