Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color Whatever is the Active Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilinPCH

Technical User
Jul 27, 2000
US
Can anyone show me or point me in the direction of how I would write code (a module?) that says something like "if some field gotfocus, change the color to X, on all lostfocus fields, change the color back to default. So - whatever field the user is currently in with their mouse changes color. Do I have to create some kind of Public Function?

Thanks!

Go to Thread181-63964. GHubbell answered this question beautifully!

Lightning

Ah but wait! Check out Thread702-46434 and give all the credit to Mr. John Gilman for the wisest answer! Gord
ghubbell@total.net

Wow! all these solutions are awesome!!!
I do have one question for ghubbell's solution - just for my knowledge, I tried to make the function a public function in it's own module, but when it was called it couldn't understand "Me" - how would you make this work?

Milin

I think you change the ME to ThisForm or Form. Try it both ways... Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com
While I don't mind e-mail messages, please post all questions in these forums for the benefit of all members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back