Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color tweaking in Illustrator 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunsnowboarder

Technical User
Dec 11, 2008
HU
Hi there Everyone! I have found a site with a very nice graphic and would like to apply in one of my works. I am using Photoshop, but now I decided to learn Illustrator as well. Please someone help me and explain detailed how to get from Step 15 to Step 16. He tweaked the colors and I like it very much, but do not have a clue how to do it! Thanks for your help in advance!

The link is here:

You need to Expand the Object.

Have the rectangle selected. Go to Object>Expand.

Once you have that done you need to go Effects>3D>Revolve

That's Illustator CS2 and above only though for the 3d stuff

Hi eugenetyson! Thank you for your reply, but I do not mean the 3D rotation. My question was related to the colors. As you see in Step 15 the colors are like a gradient, it is lighter in the outside and gets darker towards the center of the object. But in Step 16 the gradient disappears and the colors are mixed. That is what I would like to know... How ha made it! Thank you!

Hi! I know the gradient. I already did the tutorialt till Step 15! But I don't know how to mix the colors. Please take a look at Step 15 and Step 16! You can see that the colors of the object are different. That is what I would like to know how he did it! Thank you!

Thank you! :) This is the solution! :) Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back