Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmana

Programmer
Jan 23, 2008
US
Hey,

I am hoping you guys could assist. I have a .png file that has a gradient in it. When I enlarge the graphic to the pixel level, I see about 3-5 diff shades of blue. I would like to change them to shades of red.

First, does anyone have an idea on how I can calculate the equivalent colors with another base color?

The graphic is blue w/ like 5 other shades. I would like to change to red with 5 other shades. I can't just overwrite the blue as this is on a small part of the graphic.

I was hoping for a color replacement.

Thanks!
Ed

If you go to the top of this page and do a search for color replacement and choose "Adobe: Photoshop Only" you should see some examples.

sam

Color Replacement is not the best avenue here. Adjust Hue/Saturation is what you want. You can do a hue shift that will retain the relative value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back