Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color "wash" in Photo-Paint 9? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glanton

Technical User
Apr 24, 2006
US
Trying to make a rectangular banner background for a Website, using PP9. I want to make the color background transition from darker to lighter as you move from left to right across the rectangle. I would have tried to find out how to do this in the previous answers, but I don't even know what this effect is called! I already know how to create a new rectangle with a solid color background of a certain size and resolution.

This is done with the interactive fill tool. Do the same steps for filling a solid rectangle, but on the Fill tool (paintbucket) click the little arrow in the corner of the icon, this should fly out another option - in this case the "Interactive Fill tool". Another option which I believe is v9 is in the fill dialogue, there should be some options for changing the fill type (Uniform, Fountain, Bitmap and Tecture). Select Fountain. This should allow you to change the colors it fills from, to the color it fills to, as well as set the midpoint, direction through the color wheel etc. Hope this helps.

Thanks, attrofy, I had given up on getting an answer. I'll give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back