Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color Palette Problem - reduced number of colors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixalot

Programmer
Jan 4, 2007
US
I'm somewhat new to Fireworks... I've been using it now for a few months, but here recently I've run into something I just can't figure out. It seems as though when I'm working with colors, I'm working with a smaller color palette than what I worked with after I first installed Fireworks.

If I pick a hexadecimal color value and try to use it in Fireworks, it winds up picking the closest match to that color. For instance, if I choose #FFFFE6 (very light yellow) as the starting color for a gradient and choose #FFFFCC for the ending color, #FFFFE6 will show up as #FFFFFF... almost white. This same problem occurs using fills as well. I've also noticed that when using the color picker, dragging it across a gradient may only show 3 or 4 colors, although I can visually see the differences in colors per pixel at an enlarged resolution. Before a few weeks ago it would show seemingly infinite numbers of hex values when doing the same thing.

This problem didn't start until a few weeks ago... and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

When you have the colour pallett open, click the black arrow that appears to the top left. Try choosing 'Swatches Panel' for example and see if this gives you more. It may be that another option was selected, such as Windows OS colours, in which case you may have been limited to only so many colours that coulc be supported.

"The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back