Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

color of screen changed and computer hangs and sound beep continuos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahm1985

Programmer
Dec 6, 2012
EG
Hi I have problem in windows 7 computer dell desktop computer

sometimes when i work in windows 7 excel sheet or open internet color of screen color changed and computer hang up and color come straight horizontal line
and computer make beep sound continuous not stop until i shutdown the computer . this color changed of screen not made after windows 7 start up but randomly meaning after computer open one hour may be after 30 minutes

How to solve problem and why this happen

Excuse the technical term, but the video card is f***ed.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

can you tell me if possible
what steps i do and i will make
as example what i remove
and what i put like this

You need to replace the video card. If the video card is part of the motherboard (integrated), you will need to add a discrete video card (PCI-E) to one of the slots on the motherboard and disable the integrated card in the BIOS.

If the video card is a discrete card (already in one of the slots), you will just do the same thing as above, replacing the old one with a new one and installing the drivers.

Best to uninstall the video drivers before disabling the built-in card OR removing the separate card.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Thank you for replying
video card as you mean is display card or what
meaning i need to buy card that connect between the monitor and CPU by blue cable
this what you mean

video card, graphics card, display card are all the same thing basically.

meaning i need to buy card that connect between the monitor and CPU by blue cable
Yep.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back