Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color Matching on Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

accconst

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2003
US
I am running PageMaker 7 and working with photos and colors in CMYK mode. I am using an hp deskjet 1220C to print. The printer does not produce accurate color. (If I create a PM document w/ RGB photos, the colors print fine) Is there a setting in PM that can fix this, or maybe something I can change w/ the printer driver. I've looked at the color management tab in the printer configuration, but I don't know which color profile to select or where I can obtain an accurate one. Any suggestions?

Hi, accconst,

When it comes to colour, the trick with PM is to not be concerned too much with what's displayed on the screen (which is RGB after all) but to be happy with what comes out of the printer. It is possible to correct the displayed image with a colour management system.
See, for example, (Gernot is a frequent contributor to AdobeForums PM Win Forum.)

> > (If I create a PM document w/ RGB photos, the colors print fine)

Yup. I take it that's using HP's "PhotoREt III Color Layering Technology"

The CMYK images will probably print OK to the HP Deskjet 1220C/PS printer - "the premier printing solution, including all the features and solutions of the HP Deskjet 1220C plus Adobe® PostScript 3 technology."

Have a look at this thread: thread227-864549

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back