Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color Manager.qrc will not load

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbeavis

MIS
Oct 16, 2007
I'm usng Quarkxpress 7.3 on my iMac, running OSX 10.4.10 When I try lanching Quark I get a message saying "Quarkxpress cannot be lanched because one of the software components needed by the application are missing of damaged." That would be"Color Manager.qrc". I've tried reinstalling "QuarkXPress Components", with no resolution. Any suggestions???

Hi mrbeavis

When I installed Quark 6 on my iMac, there were several things not working right.
Inside the Quark folder there was a folder named "For System" inside that folder there was an icon named "QuarkXPress Components".
When I double clicked on that icon it then installed several missing components.
You might check and see if they did the same thing with Quark 7.
Maybe look on your install disks and see if color manager is there.
IMacQuarker

IMacQuarker
Thanks for the reply. I've tried installing and reinstalling the "components" several. They apparently install but still "color manager" will not load.

mrbeavis

I downloaded Quark 7.3 demo and the Color Manager.qrc is in the Required Components folder.
Do you know if you have the Color Manager.qrc file, if you don't have it and can'f find it maybe download the demo and copy from there.

IMacQuarker

Imac

I have located the "color manager" in the Required Components folder. I tried changing it several times, from my install disks. Problem remains..

mrbeavis

I trashed the Color Manager.qrc,and Quark 7.3 would not launch and I got that message, so I put back and it launched.
Maybe your Color Manager.qrc, is damaged, have you thought about downloading the demo and getting the file from there?

IMacQuarker

imac
I have Hughesnet internet access. I can't download files larger then 200 megs in a 24 hour period. Their FAP. I believe the demo is a bit larger than that.

mr beavis
The demo is about 347 megs, the file you need Color Management.qrc is over 9 megs.
Maybe you could call Quark and they might send you the file on a disk?

IMacQuarker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back