Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color LaserJet 4600dn

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyH

Technical User
Feb 3, 2000
US
Am currently troubleshooting a CLJ 4600dn that is jamming in the fuser. Documents with graphics requiring dense toner levels continually jam, however, normal documents (word documents or light graphics) are printing just fine. I just replaced this fuser due to the previous one getting a tear in the fuser. I am replacing it tomorrow, but have a feeling its not going to resolve the issue. Its just too weird to me that simple documents are printing properly, but the dense, complex ones are not. One thing I realize I didn't do is a full calibration after replacing the fuser, but not confident that will help either, any suggestions?

A few questions...

What kind of media (type & size) are you using ?

Do you see the issue both when printing simplex and duplex ?

Are you able to print the print quality troubleshooting pages and/or full page colorband test from the printers control panel with no problems ?

Are there any other error log events besides 13.XX errors in the eventlog ?

Every other document prints fine, when tested. Finding it is just this particular document that has a large amount of black on it. But, when printed from another system it appears to print OK. The person with the problem is printing from within Office 2003 and the person that prints it OK is on Office 2007. Leaning more towards a software/driver issue possibly. The 2007 document prints differently then the 2003 document as that the 2003 document prints on a full sheet of paper and the 2007 just prints about 1/3 the size. There are no issues printing other documents, duplex or not and no error messages. Test pages print fine as well. The paper is regular bond paper and has not had other issues in the past. Seeing the issue is with just this one person, i am going to focus more on his system. I realize the document is getting too much toner and not getting bonded well through the fuser, maybe the software will reduce the amount of toner distribution on the paper. Weird, i know, but if that is where the issue is coming from seems logical to me....

If the same documents only fails when printed from one specific client there is a good reason to believe that the issue is not related to the printer itself.
Try check what driver version is being used on both system and compare them.
Be aware also that MS applications like Word tend to add and overrule the regular print driver settings as it saves those set by the user with every document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back