Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color Keying question please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom1537

Technical User
Nov 29, 2001
US
I'm new to Premiere pro and when i open my movie, i see the options for keying with the other effects but cant seem to figure out hot to apply it, i cant find a setting for the keying tool options..
If someone can help , thank you

Not sure how far you've got already, so please forgive over-simplistic reply if you've got further than this.

Drag the required key effect onto the clip on the timeline.

Open the Effects Controls window.

Twirl down the entry for the keying effect.

Watch results in the Program Monitor window as you adjust parameters.

might be useful - the basics haven't changed sine PPro 1 (P7).

The video tutorials on your product DVD or at are an excellent way to learn how to use the program.

Thank you for your help..
Ok i got that far, but now its keying out my image instead
of the green..
If you can just help me there..
thank you

If you use the eyedropper to select the color to be keyed out in the overlay track clip, and Similarity to give a wider range of color to be keyed if required, you should end up with the green (or whatever) colors disappearing and thus showing though to whatever you have on the tracks below.

If you have a central subject and the keying is less than perfect further out, you can use one of the garbage mattes to restrict the overlay to areas where keying is good (if any!).

If you have done all this and the key is inverted (which it should not be), you can then apply the Alpha Adjust effect and select the Invert Alpha option to reverse the effect.

If this doesn't address the question you are hinting at, please explain much more fully what you have done and what the result has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back