Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color in Access Table Grid 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCS

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2000
SG
Hi, I'd like to know if there's a way to change the color of the individual row appearing on the MS-ACCESS table grid based on certain condition. Any response would be appreciated.

It can't be done, not without convoluted api calls that would not be worth the effort.<br>There are third party tools, such as the Sheridan grid which can display data in datasheet-like grid view, which have the ability to alternate colors for odd/even rows, but I don't even think they can set a rows color conditionally.<br>--Jim

What are you after here?<br>I may have a workaround?<br>Tell us how many rows you want to change and other specifics.<br><br>

Basically, all we want to do is set a row's color (background and/or text color) based on the value of one of the fields in the grid.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's that simple of a requirement, but hard to implement.<br>

Like if a dollar value goes negative you want it to show RED?<br>What you could do change is a Text box's Back color on a form that is linked to that table.<br>Thats what forms are for, to do more that the basic Table grid can't do.<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back