Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[color #ff0000]Outlook: REMINDERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkingguy

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
CA
I keep getting a old reminder popping up every time I open Outlook. I previously used the inbox repair tool to try and get rid of it when I was prompted to do so. It got rid of the message in the calender. But the annoying reminder keeps showing up every time I open the program. When I try and dismiss it, it says cannot postpone reminder.
I used this fix in quotation marks...:

Run Outlook.exe with /CleanReminder switch. Example, “C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe” /CleanReminders

I can find C:\Program files\Microsoft Office\Office, But the /CleanReminders switch does not work for me.
And I have run detect and repair several times.. The item that keeps popping up is not a recurring appointment.
The problem continues......
Now I have a second item popping up every time I open Outlook!!
Any light shed on this problem would be very appreciated.

You will need to delete and recreate the Outlook profile. After creating the profile the reminder will pop up one more time but you should be able to dismiss and it should be permanent this time around. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back