Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color Continious form

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHere

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
I am well aware that setting the properties on a continuos form applies it to all the rows, and that it can't be done in a list box either.
My question, What other controls are available that will allow me set the back and fore color of the returned rows based on a condition. I will need for the entire row - record to change based on 6 different time conditions.
It needs to be either an internal control or freeware as I have no additional resources for this project
Thanks in advance for any information offered.

Hi:
If you are using A2K, there is a 'new' conditional option available under "Format"; but I think it allows only three different conditions.
I have a clients' journal in which I jammed all the text boxes end to end and changed the color based on the number of the month. i.e, all January records are on a blue background, all February records are on a mustard background, March records go back to blue, etc.
This could be done with the code for each text box, and you wouldn't be limited by the three conditions allowed by the contional format function.
Good luck, Gus Brunston [glasses] An old PICKer, using Access2000. I manage Suggestions welcome. padregus@attbi.com

Gus,
Thanks for the response.
Unfortunatly A2K is not available to me. I am using A97
I was hoping that there would be an OCS or other type of used created grid or list box that was developed and safe to use in Access. But bsased on the lack of respone to this post I assume not much is available.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back