Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color coded Interdev code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigey

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I've installed Interdev 6.0 to help with learning ASP. The problem I've got is that it doesn't show suggestions or colour code the code that you I have written.

For example when typing response. it should show a list box with response.redirect and response.write etc. The code is all written in black text, which makes it a lot harder to tell what's what.

I thought installing interdev would help simplify things, but at the moment it's acting just like a large version of notepad.

I use Visual InterDev 6.0 and I do have the "intellisense" when I'm using it, so I don't think it is strictly related to ASP.NET. Regarding the original question, however, I'm not sure why you wouldn't have the colour coding in InterDev. I'll try to do some research and if I come up with anything, I'll let you know. Insanity is merely a state of mind while crazy people have a mind of their own.

I would use dreamwaver mx... its very good! www.vzio.com
ASP WEB DEVELOPMENT

I managed to get it working. I'm not too sure why it worked this time though. The only thing I did differently was to install back office after installing interdev. Any ideas??

I found it started working after installing the interdev service pack

What OS are you running InterDev on? Wondering if that might also make a difference. Mine is on Win2K both at home and work and I simply installed InterDev on both with no other SP's or BackOffice and "intellisense" works on both. Insanity is merely a state of mind while crazy people have a mind of their own.

I'm running Xp Pro. I haven't yet installed the service pack, but I've just got my dsl connection so will be downloading the Service pack tonight.

If you wouldn't mind letting us know how it turns out... I've not heard a lot of great things about XP, but suspect a lot of it is just b/c it's the new thing and kinks are still being worked out... Thanks! Insanity is merely a state of mind while crazy people have a mind of their own.

I "thought" I had that problem once. Everything I typed out was black. No color. Turns out I left a character out of something, can't remember what. When I put the character in place, it was colored right. Hope that made sense. Rob
Just my $.02.

It woks fine with / without the service pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back