Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Color changes in Flash5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jst

Programmer
Aug 1, 2001
GB
Why does Flash 5 CHANGE the shades of colors that have been selected for Stage Background or Fill Color.

For example.. if you type in a Fill Color of E6E6FA (lavender) and then put the dropper back over the Fill Color Swatch.. it registers E8E8F8 or E0E0FA depending on where the dropper is within the swatch.

Much more serious a problem is selection of a stage background color because the HTML page version of the SAME color appears a shade different which means a rather obvious border around your movie rather than a seamless presentation.

Am I missing something obvious.. or is this a quirk of Flash5 that everyone has to put up with..?

i think it is a quirk..i have had the same problem..just last night as a matter of fact..if there is a fix someone let me know..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

found a fix if your interested!! what i did was create all my objects for the movie on the artboard..when i published the movie i went back in the html and changed the bg color for the background manually..you also have to change the embeded param color as well..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back