Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

color change

Status
Not open for further replies.

POPOBear

Technical User
Oct 21, 2006
US
I don't know if this is the correct place. I have Corel Paint shop pro Phptp 11. when i try to change a color no matter what settings i use the coplo will bleed over to somewhere else.

If you can hel Thanks

Jim

This is the right place.

How are you trying to change the color?

I open the file i want to work on.

I choose color change select a color form pallet. Click on the object i want to change color. it takes severial hits to get the whole item to color. as i add more hits then it bleeds to other objects and face of subjects.

JIm

So you're using the flood-fill tool? There are better ways to do it.

Your first step should be to make a selection around the area you want to change the colour of. You can use the lasso tool for this, or the magic wand, or the technique I describe in thread446-1292092 .

Then you can use the "Colorize" option from the menu (you'll have to hunt around for it as I don't have PSP on this machine). There are other ways to change the colour too, but the principle is the same - make a selection first to limit the effect to the area you want.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back