Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

color background of a field

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebnorm

Technical User
Mar 22, 2002
CA
Hello,
let me introduce myself: my name is Normand and I'm a french guy, so excuse the way I will "talk" with you, but I will do my best to be clear.

I would like to know if it's possible to have more than 3 choices of "Color Background" for a certain field while you're crating a "Form" when you're using the Access 2000 English Software version?

The 3 choices I've discoverd, I found them using the function "Format" within the task bar and going with sub-menu "Conditionnal Formatting...."!!!

I think that to get want I want, I will need to do it by "V.B.A." programmation batch-file. If I'm right, is it possible to have a big help in that domain, because me, I don't know nothing about that language!

Thanks in advance for the attention you'll provide to that request, and I'm waiting for an answer positive or not.

(P.S. If somebody out there is speaking "French", it would be appreciated.)

Normand Dupuis

Hi Normand,

First of all you have posted what looks to be a question about Access 2000 in the forum for Act contact management. Regardless of that I have knowledge of Access 97 which might help you with your problem. When your in the design view of the form you should be able to do a right click with your mouse button on the background area of the form. Just make sure that the mouse pointer is only on the background and not on any other part of the form or the properties of that part will come up instead. Ok, once you have done the right click on the background a properties box should come up for you. Once that is up all you have to do is scroll down to the colors field and click on the little arrow to the right side of the field name. This should bring up a color pallet for you to choise the color you want.

Hope this helps :) Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Hello "Cassaro",
like I told last time, maybe I wasn't clear enough in my question! I know that feature you are talking about, but me what I want, is to have more than 3 times the choice of a "Color-Background" (depending of a range number decision).In the real fact, I will need to have 6 differents
"color-Background" in the same field called "BPM"!

If it can help you, I explored the "R-G-B" code for
those 6 colors, and here there are:

-Green..(0,255,128)...Range between 80 to 109
-Red....(255,0,0).....Range between 110 to 119
-Yellow.(255,255,0)...Range between 120 to 129
-Orange.(255,128,0)...Range between 130 to 139
-Blue...(100,185,255).Depend of another field "SLO"
-Gold...(210,185,40)..Depend of another field "SO-
LID-GOLD"

So, is it more clear like that or not?

Thanks a lot for your quick answer
and yes it's a question about "Access 2000". How I ended up in the forum for"Act contact management"? I don't know!!
It was like after I finished fullfilling all the questions in the registration form at the very beginnig! If I make a mistake in doing so, please indicate me how can I correct that.

Best regards Normand Dupuis

Hi Norman,

Dont worry about posting in the wrong forum :) But, to answer your question to the best of my knowledge you can only set one background color for a field.

Sorry I could not help you more. Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back