Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Collecting Hunt Group messages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjegstrup

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
US
I just upgraded to 1.4, and in the process of rebooting the computer that voice mail resides on, it crashed.

Because of these multiple issues, I dont know if my problem is upgrade related or crash related.

The users that are in Hunt groups were able to see if a hunt group had messages from their phones, but now arent able.
A good answer to this is definitely worth a star guys, because these people are driving me nuts.

[cheers] Bottoms up!

Regarding the crash on the voicemail PC:

We have run an upgrade on all our IPO's and found some issues, but i haven't tried a crash on a VM PC

Regarding messages on a Hunt group:

I haven't had that problem on 1.4. Make sure that in the users Source Numbers there are an "H500" (If 500 is the Hunt Group number to monitor). This works perfect for us

The Source number should be H<Hunt-Group-Name>
it may currently work with group number but I would not trust this to remain so.

IPO predominatly uses Names not numbers for its internal proccessing.

Hi

I'm also getting this problem after upgrading to 1.4

and it was only because I was checking that I found that they had 108 messages to listen to

From the 1.4 release note

Hunt Group Message Indication
When a message is left in a hunt group mailbox, the IP Office will only provide message waiting indication to those users who have an H<group name> enter in their User | Source Numbers tab. This means that there is no default message waiting indication for group mailboxes.
Note also that if the user is not a member of the hunt group, then a Voicemail Code must be entered for the group (Hunt Group | Voicemail tab) and the user will be required to enter that code to access the mailbox.

its recommended Stick to HGroupName. You will find out shortly .....

My vendor told me that 1.4 was picky about spaces in users names so we removed all of those but not on the hunt groups. Could a space in &quot;Tech Support&quot; cause problems with ringback?

Also, can you set up ringback for a regular ext like you do hunt groups?

[cheers] Bottoms up!

1) SPACES WITHIN NAMES ARE NOT A PROBLEM!
sorry to shout but this missinformation has been around for far too long

Users have a ringback option in the voicemail tab if this is set the VM will ringback whan msgs are left.

If the details for the hunt groupe are set in short codes as above then the ringback will also work for hunt groups.

I have got the hunt group messages showing up on all phones they are suppose to except for one, and it even shows up if I open phone manager as that user, but the user says it still does not showe up on her phone. Hmmmmmm

As for my other question, in the explanatin on Source numbers, it looks like I cam make a regular users messages show up on a phone by using PUserName, and adding the callback option in VMP. Havent got this to work yet, but still working on it.

[cheers] Bottoms up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back