Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Collecting Dell Asset Information in SMS 2003 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cixelsydmai

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
US
Hi everyone,

First post here but I've been an avid reader for a while. I searched through the forums and found some older posts concerning this issue, but I just wanted to double check that nothing had really changed since then.

What I would like to be able to do is have the HW Inventory agent pull out Dell Asset tag information such as the Serial Number/Service tag, and other information that can be stored in the BIOS.
I read on the Dell website that you needed a Dell OpenMange Client Connector to do this, however, I can't seem to find it on their website; also the one they were talking about was for SMS2.0, and I am not sure if this was working in SMS 2003 SP1.
If you could give me some pointers on what I would need to look for, please let me know.
Thanks in advance,

Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back