Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Collecting CDR with Procom

Status
Not open for further replies.

alias26

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
US
Can someone guide me on setting up a pc with procomm to collect and capture records. I already have the tty set up for cdr record output.

depends on the settings on the cdr port. match that, i use 96 8 none and one vt 320, then open a capture file. or run this script that give's you a new cap file every 4 hours..
Code:
proc main
loop:
capture on
pause 28800
capture off
goto loop
endproc
the timer is the number of sec in an 8 hour day.. once this one starts you'll get a new file at the end of each timer cycle,, the off time is mesured in nano sec and i've seen one run for over a year. on that app i used a share point as my path for the cap file so the user could see the files on the other side of campus.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi

You can use Hyperterminal that comes with windows, in hyperterminal choose Transfer then capture text

Thank you guys I'll give methods a try and see which works best for us. Also what are you guys using to sort out the data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back