Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Collect for Output report. Quark 7.31

Status
Not open for further replies.

pobajo

Technical User
Jan 30, 2004
US
I am testing a Mac with Leopard and Quark 7.31. I have done a collect on a file and have a couple of questions. When you first ask to collect the document, a dialog box comes up. There used to be a choice (to check) for "include style sheets" that is no longer there in Quark 7. So, basically you get a report with all capped text that is very unreadable.

I tried selecting "Interpret XPress Tags" and checking that seemed to do what "include stylesheets" did in 6.5. I thought the problem was fine, but then when it imported the copy, I got an error message, "The import process has been stopped because an invalid tag was found or corrupt information was encountered" As a result, the report stopped inputting at that point and there was some goofy text where it stopped. The rest of the report is needed. Does anyone know what is happening here?

Another problem, in the collect report and Quark 6.5 between "Trapping" and "Color Profiles", there was a item called "Color Plates" and under it the pages of the document would be listed with which color plates are being used. This is an important checking step for us before sending off to the printer. Quark 7 does not seem to have this in the report. Has it been moved? Because I cannot get a whole report, I cannot check it out.

Thanks much in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back