Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

collation sequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

celeron895

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
We have a Great Plains 7.0 installation on a Win 2k / SQL 2000 server. We are looking at moving this to a Win 2K3 / SQL 2000 server.

However, there is a difference in the collation sequences. The current SQL Server is binary. The new SQL Server is in the default collation.

Anyone have any experience in this type of migration?

I believe the default collation is DOCI - however, if that is not what you have on the new server you need to change it to either DOCI or binary.

To get the GP data onto the new server with a different collation you'll need to actually BCP the data out of the binary databases and BCP them into the DOCI ones. KB article 875179 goes through all the steps you need to perform.

Hope that helps.

I've done this before. I didn't really follow the KB article but I think I pretty much did the same thing. Anyway, it actually worked and was relatively painless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back