Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Collation Error Moving to new Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsmanhunter

Programmer
Apr 11, 2006
US
With everyone's help, I have managed to move Great Plains v6 from SQL 7 on NT4 to SQL 2000 on WIN2003 and connected to GP.
Now when I do a PO Processing Document Inquiry, I get "Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation". The collation for the old sorter is Sort Order = 50, bin_iso_1,Binary Sort Order for the ISO 8859-1 (Latin 1) Character Set, while the new sorter is Collation=Latin1_General_BIN, SQLSortOrder=0 on the user databases and Collation=Latin1_General_CS_AI, SQLSortOrder=0 on the system databases. I could swear that I set up the new server collation to match the old one during the SQL Server install. Microsoft KB claims that moving data from SQL 7 to SQL 2000 retains the original collation/sort order for the user databases (not the system databases). Does anyone have any ideas? I read something about doing a rebuild of the Master database, but that will wipe out all of my databases, and I am not convinced that it would even help.

ouch. sounds like a dogs breakfast. I would suggest starting from scratch and making all databases the same format and dts'ing your data across.

Luvsql did something very similar for me just recently and it went off without a hitch.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Oh boy. I was afraid of that! Now I know why MS charges to install this thing. Oh well, I'm off into the abyss. I'm starting to feel those Great Pains again.

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back