Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Collation Confict

Status
Not open for further replies.

hameja

Programmer
Oct 15, 2003
BE
Im select from two table. Im getting this error 'cannot resolve collation confilct' How can I change the table collation property. I have tried to alter field but datetime and interger field cannot be alter or probably I need to know the syntax.

John

Table - AFAIK nope. Possible only during CREATE TABLE, not after that.

Int/datetime columns don't have collation, only string types a la char/varchar.

There are two ways to change column collation: with ALTER TABLE... ALTER COLUMN or with EM (table design, last column property field). If you have other column-bound objects (defaults, indexes etc) EM is definitely easier choice.

Btw. better check all string columns. This conflict probably isn't the only one.

------
heisenbug: A bug that disappears or alters its behavior when one attempts to probe or isolate it
schroedinbug: A bug that doesn't appear until someone reads source code and realizes it never should have worked, at which point the program promptly stops working for everybody until fixed.

[ba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back