Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Collapsing Folders in Thunderbird 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Technical User
Jul 18, 2001
MD
Whenever I open Thunderbird, the eMail folders expand similar to the image below:

Clipboard01_epvukw.jpg

Is there a 'switch' that I can set to prevent this? Some of the folders have hundreds of sub-folders. The problem just started this morning.

Thanks...

Version 102.7.2 (64-bit) The only system change was that I upgraded my keyboard to a Logitech bluetooth G915 keyboard.

In Mozilla Thunderbird, you can collapse folders in the folder pane to conserve space and make it easier to navigate your mailbox. Here's how you can collapse folders in Thunderbird:

1. **Collapse Individual Folders**:
- To collapse an individual folder, simply click on the triangle icon next to the folder name in the folder pane. Clicking on the triangle icon will collapse or expand the folder, showing or hiding its subfolders and messages.

2. **Collapse All Folders**:
- If you want to collapse all folders at once, you can use the "Collapse All" feature:
- Right-click on any folder in the folder pane.
- From the context menu, choose "Collapse All" to collapse all folders.

3. **Expand All Folders**:
- If you've collapsed folders and want to expand them all back, you can use the "Expand All" feature:
- Right-click on any folder in the folder pane.
- From the context menu, choose "Expand All" to expand all folders.

4. **Collapse/Expand Multiple Folders**:
- You can also collapse or expand multiple folders at once:
- Select the folders you want to collapse or expand by holding down the `Ctrl` key (or `Command` key on macOS) while clicking on the folders.
- Right-click on one of the selected folders.
- Choose "Collapse" or "Expand" from the context menu to apply the action to the selected folders.

Remember that Thunderbird's interface might vary slightly based on the version you're using. These instructions are based on Thunderbird's general behavior, and they should work for most versions.

Collapsing folders can help keep your mailbox organized and make navigation more efficient, especially if you have a large number of folders or subfolders.Link

Thanks very much.,.

Dik

@sbcglobaltech

Expand All and Collapse All are not options in the folder context menu for me. Also, I can't use CTRL to do multiple folder selection. What's up with that?

Was really hoping to find a way to collapse all folders under a given folder. Thoughts?

Thanks,

DaveLab

TB 115.3.1 (64-bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back