Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coldfusion Storefront / Shopping Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumposters

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
US
I'm going to be creating a storefront and shopping cart in Coldfusion. Can anyone point me to an up to date and robust tutorial for how to code a shopping cart complete with a checkout process in Coldfusion? Or, any tips or advice you have would be much appreciated. We'll be using CF MX 7 on our server so if there's any new features in CF 7, we can use them...

Well, shopping cart and store front is more business oriented rules and logic then anything else. There are a lot of tuts out there that help get you started on building your own shopping cart. has one (an old one, but nonetheless might help).

The way I'd tackle this is first define the dB schema. Like what tables, columns you would need. Such as: OrderHistory, Users, ShippingHistory, Returns, etc. Then create a business logic flow on what the intended action would be. That logic flow will help better define different scenarios to code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back