Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ColdFusion EAR Deployment in WebSphere 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonAustin1905

Programmer
Feb 6, 2004
US
I've been fighting with getting ColdFusion up and running under Websphere for a couple of days now and most documentation out there seems to suggest I'm missing something incredibly simple, or I am doing something terribly wrong.

This is my first experience with Websphere, and I simply need to prove it can do what I am trying to do.. From all accounts, Running ColdFusion, should be straightforward. Compared to JRUN however (Granted it's tied to CF) it's so far anything but.

I'm starting with an empty Windows XP (SP3) Machine, and installing

a) IBM HTTP Server 7.0
b) IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0
c) ColdFusion 8 (J2EE Ear Deployment)

Pretty much accept the defaults on the installs, giving me a functioning HTTP server, a functioning WAS server, and an EAR ready to deploy. (I do set the Context for CF8 to / )

I go into the WAS Admin Console, Create a new "Web Server" and link it to the IHS instance I installed.

I go to install an Enterprise Application, pick the EAR, and here's where I've experimented some with the settings.

I'm not sure if I need to "Generate Default Bindings" or if this is something the EAR config will take care of..

Originally I did not select the options to "deploy Web Services", or "Process embedded configuration" as they were not defaulted, but after reading on forums including this one, I started trying those options, again to no avail.

As far as mapping modules to servers, this is where I really got confused, Originally I tried to map it to the web-server, which appeared to be incorrect. But if I mapped it to the Application Server, it appeared to have no link to the web-server. I have most recently been selecting both, and this at least provides me with the mental link to the web-server, while permitting the ColdFusion "Application" to start successfully.

I have then gone to the web-server and generated, and propagated the plug-in, but I never get any response from the web-browser to the standard request for :

Am I missing something simple? Doing everything wrong?

Thanks in advance!

~ Jon

As an Update, I have been feeling that the problem lies in the connection between websphere, and the HTTP server..

I removed the default application, theorizing that the context roots could be conflicting, and managed to get at least some indication that the connection is now present, however it gave me an Internal Server Error :

Error 500: SRVE0200E: Servlet [coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet]: Could not find required class - class java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet

But given that code is deployed via the EAR file, and I have verified that the codebase is expanded under installedApps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back