Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ColdFusion 5 ClusterCATS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortamer

MIS
Aug 27, 2002
Calling all ColdFusion Experts!!! I need to know how to resolve an issue that I am facing with my cluster. I have 2 Identical servers running Windows NT Server 4.0 and IIS 4.0 I have them running in a CF cluster using ClusterCATS in a Round Robin DNS configuration, no hardware loadbalancer or other cluster software. The problem I am having is I this:

Every minute I get the same cycle of information messages in my application event log on only one of my servers. All from the Allaire application but from different parts. Here is a sample of the complete cycle:

Info - Allaire wsprobe: Web server failed, err = 3. Restarting web server...

Info - Allaire Wsm: WEB server stopped.

Info - Allaire WINNT_MICROSOFT_IIS: Terminating.

Info - Allaire WINNT_MICROSOFT_IIS: Starting: Build date: May 11 2001 08:56:13 Version: 5.0-9999 Windows_NT 586 Fri May 11 08:42:23 EDT 2001-1.5

Info - Allaire WINNT_MICROSOFT_IIS: Server (pcmacs2.mctwf.org) joining Cluster (pcmacs)

Info - Allaire Wsm: WEB server started.

In addition to these information messages, I also recieve errors from the Allaire Metabase:

Error - Allaire Metabase: [MetabaseAddEntryToVirtualServerBindings] Metabase.GetData(/LM/W3SVC:MD_KEY_TYPE) returned failure status 0x80090005

Error - Allaire Metabase:[MetabaseDeleteEntryFromVirtualServerBindings] Metabase.GetData(/LM/W3SVC:MD_KEY_TYPE) returned failure status 0x80090005

Error - Allaire Metabase:[MetabaseDeleteEntryFromVirtualServerBindings] Metabase.CloseKey(/LM/W3SVC) returned failure status 0x00000000

The metabase errors only occur when the other server is unavailable and (I am assumeing) it is trying to grab the failed server's IP. The dynamic IP failover is working, as far as keeping the site available when one server is down, but this issue is causeing performance problems on the one server recieving the errors As you can see, it is stopping and restarting IIS, then joining the CF cluster every 60 seconds. I have searched high and low and havn't found a fix.....I am hoping the colective knowledge here will be effective. Let me know.....

Morty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back