Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cold Install without DVD Drive 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thief

Technical User
Apr 19, 2001
US
how can i do a cold install on an integrity server without any dvd drives?

i have another server with a dvd drive, but do not know of a way to use it remotely.

Thief................ ::)
(I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us .)

Hi,
you can boot from the network. Do you have a support contract? Then go to the download section of ITRC and get yourself a fresh copy of the HPUX software recovery manual.
Of course, you can also boot from tape (if you have a tape drive), so just make an ignite boot tape on one server and install the other server from this tape. Or, if you have (in your running server) mirrored disks, take one of these, put it in the other server and clone it.

I made another integrity server with dvd drive as ignite server and the server without dvd drive as the ignite client. installing it this way was a smooth ride.

Thief................ ::)
(I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us .)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back