Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cold Fusion power

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaklanders

Technical User
Dec 9, 2007
I have many Cold Fusion MX 7 web apps that run great. Most are small and medium size web apps that work great with Oracle and MySQL.
I dont know how much we pay for the CF license for our Windows server, but I hear that people want to eliminate CF and use free PHP.

It seems CF saves money in other ways compared to PHP where it takes less resource time to build and maintain CF code compared to PHP. And CF Database connection is the same with all databases and you dont have to worry about opening and closing database objects (resultset, statement, connection) which means less database leaks. crashes and connection worries? It is all done automatically in CF. Also CF has MVC framework (Fusebox) that is a standard with CF installation and I dont think standard PHP has a MVC framework? Do I have truthful (and valid) reasons here to stick with CF?

What are some other arguments I can come up with to use CF over PHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back