Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

colA colB androgen #N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

workshop

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
colA colB
androgen
#N/A
#N/A
histone 2b

I try to Use a function that can copy value of colA to colB but on ly the cells that has value otherwhy blank
Example the colB as above should be
Androgen

histone 2b

Thanks for your help

Try this:

=IF(ISNA(A1),"",A1)

and then drag the formula down to as many cells as required.

workshop,

It appears that Hasit's example is the right solution for your situation.

I know you must appreciate the help you've been receiving.

However, I thought you would also appreciate knowing of the "proper", "accepted" method of showing appreciation and recognition for the help provided by those contributors who take time out of the often busy schedules to offer a solution, or in some cases "develop" a detailed solution.

The creators of Tek-Tips set up a "STAR" recognition process - that simply involves clicking on the "Click here to mark this post as a helpful or expert post!" - located in the lower-left-corner of the contributor's posting.

Contributors receive NOTHING except for this formal method of "receiving a STAR" - much like being in early school years.

With Tek-Tips members, it takes awhile before realizing that this is the "proper" method of "saying thanks", so you're "not the exception".

I thought you would appreciate this "tidbit" of information. And of course, once your "profile" shows that you've begun to issue STARS, many MORE potential contributors will be MORE anxious to "go out of their way" to help you out in the future.

Please, do NOT issue a star for my posting. I want to "earn" them in the normal mannner. Thanks. :)

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back