Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CognosScript Editor Mouse Scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese8000

Programmer
May 29, 2007
CA
Hi,

I'm new to using the editor and the first thing I notice is I can not use the mouse wheel to scroll - extremely annoying to the point where I don't want to use the editor at all.

I've searched and searched and can't find anybody else with similar problem (and solution) which I find hard to believe, so maybe it's only a problem on my computer?? Any hint here would be helpful.

Also, are there any suggestions on an editor to code in (that can also compile/debug) other than this one? Or better yet, I can use my preferred editor if there is command line options for the compiler and debugger?? I know you can run macros from command line.

I am currently using Editor 7.1.9

Thanks for any help.

In Impromptu the wheel scroll doesn't work. Maybe an older Cognos thing.

No, it is not a problem with your computer since the mouse wheel does not appear to work in the CognosScript editor on any of my PCs either. If you continue to use the CognosScript editor to create macros then I would suggest clicking and dragging the scroll bar on the right of the window to quickly move up and down in the source code.

Feel free to use your favorite text editor to do the intial coding, then open the .mac file in CognosScript editor to do the final editing and compiling. I realize that the CognosScript editor is nothing like the Microsoft studios, but it does gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back