Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos8: Cube Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelledaems

Programmer
Nov 13, 2006
BE
Dera sir/madam,

I want to copy a newly built cube file to a folder that contains a cube file with the same name (but older). the older cube file is the one that is published to cognos8.

I cannot do this, becuase the odler cube file is locked and to unlock it, i will have to stop the Cognos8 service entirely, which is not something I want to do.

In the previous environments i did this with a script in which I stoppped the individual cube, copied the file and started the cube again.

My question is now: How can we accomplish such a cube swap in cognos 8?

Thank you in advance.
kind regards
Jelle

I have tried the following:

cd "C:\Program Files\cognos\c8\webapps\utilities\cubeSwap"

cubeswap.bat " "Branch_B_SECBE_Cube_2" " "C:\project\Procedures\Tools\Cube Swap\Branch_B_SECBE_2.mdc" "administrator" "" "Creyfs France"

I have filled in everything like I should (at least I think so), but I'm getting the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at CubeSwap.checkNamespace(CubeSwap.java:257)
at CubeSwap.main(CubeSwap.java:833)

So it seems that it has a problem with my namespace, but I have no idea what it is. It is the same what i can find in cognos Configuration under namespace ID.

Can you please help?

I think that you have your URL and your dispatcher mixed up if you run cubeupdate.bat -help or -oldhekp it will give you the syntax

cd "C:\Program Files\cognos\c8\webapps\utilities\cubeSwap"

cubeswap.bat " " "CubeName" "c:\transformer cubes\cube.mdc" "Administrator" "123456" "Cognos Series 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back