Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Web Query - Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganas

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
US
Hi,
I need help on how to allow users with different user rights to query the data only specific to them. I am using COGNOS Architect, Cognos Web Query, Upfront(web access), and access manager for security.

I Have 4 account managers for different customers.
Requirement is like this.

There are 4 customers - cust1, cust2, cust3 and cust4
there are 2 account managers- am1 and am2

am1 will see all the sales data for cust1 and cust2
am2 will see all the sales data for his customers cust1, cust3 and cust4.

When the am1 logs into the web, in the ad-hoc reports he can query on the all the fields and tables but when he queries he should be able to get the sales data only for his customers.

I understsnd in Impromptu we can use the filer conditions for a perticular user-group. Is this done using Architect where i use the filter condition on a perticular subject field for a user group. But when i do this and try to publish it in upfront i am getting the error saying Cognos web query will not allow applying a filter on subject filed for the package.
Can anyone help me finding out the solution? I understad that if i define any filter in my model and publish those filters are available for the query user. But i want when the query user queries it should fetch the data only for his customers. There should be a filter applied on the run time and records will have to thrown for ad-hoc.

Can any one help me if this is possible and if yes how it can be done..
Regards
Ganas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back