Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwhp67

MIS
Mar 2, 2007
US
Most of the classes seem to be for Finance people or report developers. I'm new to Cognos and our company would like to move from a Finance-Installed Series 7 to an MIS-Installed Cognos 8. I'm the lucky guy who gets to configure the entire enterprise.

Can anyone recommend any classes that cover topics like hardware configuration, importing data, automating imports, and web access for multiple countries?

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

Sounds like you would be interested in the Cognos 8 Report Administration and Cognos 8 Server Administration courses. Report Admin covers distribution of reports, security, configuring data sources, and export and import of saved content from one server to another. Server admin covers the architecture and install process, third-party security namespaces, and tuning and configuration.

If you're going to be concerned with producing the packages describing the underlying data, then probably the Metadata Modelling Part 1 course would be of interest too.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

MF.

Thanks. The Metadata Modeling course is being held in April so I will probably take that one. (Part 1 and Part 2) My boss wants me to take Cognos Planning 7.3/8.1 Technical Administration so I might be in that one this month.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back